CivicSpatial Grant Program
Grant Program Description:
CivicSpatial Grant Program funding is available to support AddressBC data quality improvement. This grant program will provide a one-time grant of $1,000 to eligible Local Government and First Nations members to improve the accuracy of submitted address data.
Grant Program Sponsors:
- Utility Members
- BC Hydro
- Province of British Columbia
- BC Assessment Authority
Grant Program Objectives:
Utility members value AddressBC accuracy for:
- maintaining parcel and customer information.
- emergency response and records clarity.
- the delivery and maintenance of telecommunication services.
- keeping address records up to date with municipal changes.
- access to the most up to date addressing information from the authoritative source.
- one source for province-wide address data for better and faster service to customers.
Provincial Government members value AddressBC accuracy for:
- improvement of an essential source of civic address locations.
- improved planning and decision making, particularly in the areas of public safety, health, education and social services.
- coordination with GeoBC’s transportation network used in emergency management and dispatch.