Membership with the ICI Society can bring great value to your organization by providing access to a collaborative network of people and organizations across BC, dedicated to working together to create innovative, location-based solutions.
Please note this form is intended for organizations applying for membership. If your organization is already a member, please use the Contact Form to request credentials or alert us of any issues you may be experiencing.
Before you get started, please acquaint yourself with the 5 membership types that you can apply under:
- Local Government Membership: An organization governed by the Community Charter, Local Government Act, or the Islands Trust Act (including Improvement Districts).
- Provincial Government Membership: A ministry or agency of the Provincial government of British Columbia.
- Utility Membership: An organization operating within British Columbia whose purpose is the installation and operation of physical infrastructure and is regulated by any of the following agencies or statutes:
- The BC Utilities Commission;
- Canadian Radio/Television and Telecommunications Commission;
- The National Energy Board;
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada;
- The Railway Act of British Columbia, as amended from time to time;
- The Railway Act of Canada, as amended from time to time; or,
- The BC Oil and Gas Commission.
- First Nations Membership: A First Nations Government within British Columbia and recognized by the Government of Canada or a Treaty First Nation.
- Associate Membership: An organization that engages in activities or has interests consistent with the purposes of the Society. The base cost for Associate members is $5,569.20, pro-rated quarterly. The fee is renewed annually, with a sliding scale based on the number of parcels and utility classes accessed.